View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #17
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball View Post
i started riding in the mid-sixties and like you never had a problem until ethanol reared it's ugly head!! startron seems to keep it's effects to nil for me.
Precisely. Ethanol is hygroscopic, and the consequences of including water in your fuel systelm can be everything from annoying to catestrophic.

Ethanol in our motor fuel is the consequence of an extremely potent farm lobby, that, never content with big scoops of subsidy, has managed to pull off a spectacular fraud on the public with a great deal of help from Congress in the finest tradition of bipartisan cooperation. Too bad. The manufacture of ethanol consumes more fossil fuel than it replaces.

And if fux up our bikes, boats, lawnmowers, and cuball's chainsaw. Not that cueball uses his chainsaw very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
EVERY MONTH he gives shitfull advice.
"Shitfull advice" is indellibly added to my lexicon.

It's amazing that I've received a shitload of it -- and, perhaps, provided some myself -- w/o having an apt name for it.

Thanks!

halmc screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 03:10 AM
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote