View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #5174
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powershouse View Post
I'm a fan. I've used them on several bikes now. They are rugged, simple and sturdy. You can see my setup in a ride report here. They are not waterproof so I use these for my clothes and roll-top waterproof bags for tools and other stuff. My shoes and jacket liner go in a waterproof bag on top. The design places the weight over the seat with some transfer to the frame via the Dirt Bagz rack. On the trip described in the linked ride report I encountered some heat issues from the muffler on the first day - a sharp tug on the rack moved the whole deal out enough to create some air space and there were no other problems on this trip.
I've put about 5 or 6 thousand miles on my XC with the Dirtbagz now. No issues at all. I actually found a used set with racks, so I got the whole set up pretty cheap. I have torn the connecting strap off the right one, but that was in a pretty hard get off. (Broke my fibula and ankle) I added a heat shield from Giant Loop to help with cooking the bag that's against the exhaust. I've been lucky with rain, so I can't tell you how bad the waterproof problem is.
I did just add a GL Coyote bag. (They were on sale, and can be mounted over the Dirtbagz racks.)
I'd buy the Dirtbagz again though. Best bang for the $$..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote