Thread: KLR250 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #888
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,502
I'm going to hopefully have one of these bikes shortly, had a couple of questions. Bike is for my girlfriend, so it needs to be setup for her. Novice rider, 5'4". She has the msf course, has her license, and rides a ttr125 on fields and easy trails right now.

Use will be street riding, gravel roads, dirt roads, and very easy trails. It seems like the little klr is well suited for that from my reading. I've never ridden one.

On the highway I'm reading that the bike will hold 60 to 65mph all day, but not much more. Correct? That's plenty, there's no interstate within an hour drive and I doubt she'll want to ride on it anyways.

I'll probably have to order the kuoba (sp?) Lowering links for the rear, which are 2". How far can/should I slide the forks up? I don't want the tire to hit the fender and lock up or anything crazy like that.

How hard is it to start after a fall? My xr650r can be a bear sometimes if you drop it. I haven't seen this refrenced anywhere in this thread, so it must not be an issue.

Thanks.

All typos and misspellings blamed on my phone.
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote