Thread: KLR250 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #889
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 571
Jules-
My girl friend had never ridden until August this year when she took the MSC & I bought her a KLR250. She loves it in the capacity that you listed above, but I ride a 1200GS. When we do weekend rides she hates trying to keep up. I am a very experience rider and try to accommodate her but some times twist the throttle to much. She has put 3000 miles on the bike in 5 mos just weekends & occasional evenings. I did the mods I listed above this past week an she is very happy to ride again. It has made it a little more peppy & with the right tires this bike handles well for a 110-140lbs rider. She is 5-10 so she needs the height also. My daughter is 5-4 & rides it fine but struggles on uneven ground stops. A good pair of boots with good traction on them helped that issue.

I will say I'm impressed with this bike for a beginner & light trail riding. Distance and highways are its enemy though. Good luck & write down the mods above so when she is getting and at you for taken off to fast or passing a car that she struggles to, you have the answer.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote