Thread: Drz400 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #17568
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
Your bike is looking good and is one of the nicer examples without going overboard. I like your back yard. Mine borders the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia.

I get where you're coming from with University costs. I've only got one daughter and we don't have the high tuition fees and other direct costs from the University, but the total cost of a University education these days... sheez!
She has a passion for riding and that is a cost borne with a smile.

On the damper... I'd encourage proficiency in sand before dialling up the damper. While they can be used as an aid, they are more often used as a crutch.
Thanks for the compliment. I was really trying to get a fairly high performance trail bike put together at a reasonable cost. I had a DRZ400E before and knew the pros and cons of the bike. Also, a fairly new orange bike = too much green out of the wallet.

Getting the "S" model was not my first choice, but the deal I got on it was quite good - completely stock 2006 DRZ400S w/ 254 miles on it for $2600!

I hope to ride in your neck of the woods (cactus?) some day. Your comment about riding in sand and dampeners, agreed. I rode an XR650L without a dampener from Mexico to Canada in many a wash. Skill set first, aids second, stand up, lean back, and throttle it up baby.................

Take Care
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote