Thread: KLR250 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #890
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
I'm going to hopefully have one of these bikes shortly, had a couple of questions. Bike is for my girlfriend, so it needs to be setup for her. Novice rider, 5'4"....

On the highway I'm reading that the bike will hold 60 to 65mph all day, but not much more. Correct? That's plenty, there's no interstate within an hour drive and I doubt she'll want to ride on it anyways.

I'll probably have to order the kuoba (sp?) Lowering links for the rear, which are 2". How far can/should I slide the forks up? I don't want the tire to hit the fender and lock up or anything crazy like that.

How hard is it to start after a fall?
I'm 5-8 and plan to put lowering links in this winter. I read forks can drop three quarters inch before interference. Hope she is comfortable, but it might be a bit high even with lowering links.

I don't know about all day, but ive done hours at 65mph and had power left for hills and headwind, with stock gearing. I would not change stock gearing, need that high rpm torque for that speed. I hit reserve after 100 miles, mpg drops to 50 at those speeds.

Ive dropped it in the woods a dozen times. Usually hold throttle open, starts second kick, never a problem with all stock setup.

Good luck, its a great bike for a lot of reasons, love how it shines in the woods.

Sent from mobile