View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #2208
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
Let's stop before it starts.

On cbr250.net forum, there is a thread on doing the oil change, nice photos and all...it turned into a heated argument about oil, quite an absurd one too.

btw, the rear sprocket... the Renthal sprockets listed on ebay for CRF250L, i think they are actually CRF250R sprockets - in the pic (which is not very clear and cannot be enlarged) the bolt holes appear to have the countersink (instead of the flat recess that the CRF250L sprocket should have.) And the Renthal website does not list CRF250L. The holes could be drilled out to 10 mm, if there is enough space, but WTH, why are there no sprockets available? I was a bit surprised to see that the Honda parts manual only has the stock 14 and 40 sprockets; usually you get alternative / different size OEM sprockets.

I'm waiting for a local dealer to call me back about oil filters and gaskets - like do they have stock or how long would it take to get them. (Their system not working or something.) I explained to him that the CRF250L and the CBR250R have the same motor, so he could search it either way.
As usual, i know more about it than the dealer.
I run Rotella T6 Synthetic in everything I own, 4x4 Tundra, Civic, ES300, CR250, IT200, CRF250L, lawn mower, spec Miata, etc. You can get it at Walmart, been running it for 4 years now in everything. My friends call me the "product tester". Every friend of mine now runs Rotella. Great oil, cheap, found everywhere. What else could you want.

The 94-04? XR250R front JT 13t sprocket from motorcycle-superstore is $13. Just ordered one last week.
itrack is offline   Reply With Quote