View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #103
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,917
I am trying to remember, but I think we had at least three nights in 2012 where it lightly rained/drizzled most of the night. Staying dry and having a small tent to keep you, some of your gear and your clothing/boots out of the rain is probably a really smart thing to do.

If you doubt, you might ask a certain fellow that brought his tent, but forgot the rain fly in 2012.......he was not a happy camper in a wet bag.

I have a 2-man tent that packs tiny and is plenty of room for me and my gear.....and weighs about 2lbs.

And yes.....it is amazing how much better I sleep with a 2.5" thick, air/foam sleeping pad. And don't go 'Cheap Charlie' on this little item either.....there is another guy who was heard every night....re-pumping his bargain pad....2-3 times.

My setup looks huge and bulky, but it is pretty light. The big duffel on the top has my tent, sleep pad and sleep bag. (it takes up space but weighs less than 10lbs.) I am a huge fan of the Wolfman gear, as you can see.

Despite me missing the last night and day in '12 (blown steering stem bearings), I still did over 900 miles packed this way and the bags and gear were awesome.

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote