View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #3139
J.Johnson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
I have a full set of LED signals on my EXC and yesterday wired up the rears. When I tried them the front signals worked properly but BOTH rear signals came on and blinked. Yes, I do have an LED flasher installed. I did some reading and noticed SteveO's post regarding the Trailtech instrument lights, so I removed the Dash turn signal indicator and the signals operate normally now. I'm not particularly a savvy electrical guy so maybe there's another way to fix the problem, however I took the easy way out.

Garrett
Here is a fast drawing on installing diodes into the two wires that run into the turn signal indicator. Run both wires into tier own diode. I used 3 amp radio shack diodes. Cost 1.75. Then connect both diodes to one side of the turn signal indicator lamp. Ground the other side of the lamp. The colors may not be the same on you bike. But you get the idea. The diode has a stripe on one side of it. That side goes towards the indicator lamp. ( I refer to the indicator lamp as the one at the dash. Hope this helps

Sent with mind control...