View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #33
Steve G. OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by the kaz View Post
I think we should pay all natives $500 000 each and then thats IT ..... NO MORE!!!!! Plus by accepting the ONE TIME payment they become normal Canadian citizens who pay taxes buy fishing licences etc .....

I am pretty tired of people in modern society blameing someone else for their own problems. In my line of work we have many native bands as customers. Most of them are great to work with and are extremely well managed. The funny thing is the Native bands we work with dont seem to be represented in the current affairs. Maybe someone forgot to tell these other native bands that they are suppossed to be upset and screaming at the goverment ?

In this particular case, with federal 'grants', and royalties from the diamond mine, that band was given over $1,000,00 per household [300 million,300 houses] ,,,,, last year. I'm thinking if I was given a million bucks, I could not only fix the roof on my house, I could make a real nice house. Instead, the chief there kicks out a federal auditor to figure out where the money is going, then,,,,while her people live in tarp houses in the freezing cold, she spends $96,000 on a second Zamboni, even though the government purchased Zamboni they have is quite good. Then she spends another $90,000 to have it shipped up there. Hey, my local ice rink has one Zamboni,,,,,like WTF??
I'm thinking the 'idle no more' bandwagon jumpers should be protesting her instead of that evil monster who's running the country right now.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote