View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #27
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeselector View Post
It was definitely NOT Harold
Maybe we are referring to different posts or threads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
Quick camparo:

Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags
$219.99

$215-$304 for rack, depending on bike make/model

EX-T Stuff Sacks (set of 4)
$36.99

TOTAL PRICE: $471.98-$560.98

Volume: 38 liters (19 liters each side)
Warranty: 1 Year on RF Welded Bags

Giant Loop Siskiyou Panniers
Volume: 70 liters (35 liters each side) ALMOST DOUBLE THE VOLUME
Included components: 2 waterproof inner bags, 2 laser-cut aluminum exhaust heat shields
Warranty: Lifetime of product for original purchaser against defects in materials and construction.
TOTAL PRICE: $649
Plus: No rack required. Strap it on and ride! Load is positioned closer to the center of the bike, maximizing performance and handling when carrying gear. Fewer parts to break. Multiple attachment points to secure additional bags. Easier access. Mesh internal pockets, exterior pockets large enough to carry 2 liters of fuel in each side. Ballistic nylon reinforcements in impact zones . . . .

Wait until you see them on a bike! These are the final protos in our EICMA 2012 booth - and the proud owner of the display Super Tenere, Raoul. The graphics look even better on the final product bags.

I've logged thousands of miles riding with the prototypes - on- and off-road. And yes, you can ride 2-up. My son has travel many miles with me testing the Siskiyou Panniers (Bend, OR to Cambria, CA for Horizons meeting 2011, Bend to Stevenson, WA + Dualsport Ride, Rally In The Gorge 2012). But he's young, light and tough. Most passengers would prefer to have a cushion strapped on top of the Siskiyous - which is easily done with Panniers's multiple lash points on top. That's a Fort Rock Top Case proto riding on top of the Siskiyou protos.

My friend Brad and I rode the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route from Bend to Prospect, forest roads from Talent, OR to Klamath River Hwy, CA, northern CA's Lost Coast and all of CA Hwy 1 to Cambria in October for the HU Traveler's Meeting. Not since the original Giant Loop Saddlebag has any of our products been so thoroughly test and punished.
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote