View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #22
PetrB OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by llirttoc View Post
I have a son at university and my other son is 12 years old. I get the kids out of the house and it's on. Me and the old lady want to travel the world one way or another. Just wondering if there is a car ferry that goes across the Bering Straight? I'm sure I can ride that far. May be some fisherman could float me across the Bering Straight. Any way, keep the pictures coming, and good luck on your trip. I look forward to reading about it.

I have a large back yard and you are welcome to use it for camping.
99.9% I am confident that through the Bering Strait does not go no public transport. So it is necessary to use the container shipping. For example, my friends, recently sent a lot of equipment (their 2 boats, 2 outboards, etc.) in Chile. They everything turned out, but I do not know the exact budget for the transportation, something around $ 5000.

In general, the logistics of such expeditions, IMHO - the hardest part.

Well, I do not be going to America soon. Not before I can build at least a 30ft boat, which can sail, taking a hack onboard))

On the other hand, if you go to Russia to trip on the Ural - it will be enough to bring here the engine and transmission assembly. And all the chassis could be pre-buyed here, used. That way it will be possible to constrain budget in $1000...2000, excluding flights and transport payments.

And I have a large back yard too :) And you are welcome too, for use it for camping and prepearing for trip.

PetrB screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 02:44 PM
PetrB is offline   Reply With Quote