Thread: Fla flea market
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #683
davethegoat
bahhh....bah...

Oddometer: 209
2000 cbr929rr wtt

I am the second owner. I bought it in '05 with 21k. It now has only 32k. So you see I don't ride it very long. I am 6'5" tall and have come to the realization that it is torturous on my body. I thought about putting dirty bars on it. However, Instead of screwing up an excellent handling machine, I concluded I may as well just get something with forgiving geometry all the way around from the start.

For those that don't know, the 929 is fuel injected and makes a claimed 150hp yet weighs less than 400 lbs. Many feel Honda screwed this package up when they went to the 2004 1k's Then had oil consumption issues with those after that. So 929's are still highly praised and sought after.

This particular example has been stored indoors it's entire life. It is unmolested and unabused. I, as well as the PO, change the oil every 2500 with Honda HP-4 semi-syn. They only mods are 2bros pipe(nice and thoaty without being obnoxious), steel-braided brake lines, tinted windscreen, smaller turn signals, and special pearl white powder coat on the wheels. It has a recent gold chain and sprokets, yuasa battery, newer front pilot power, rear has another thousand or so remaining, new wheel bearings when I did the powder. I have all the original parts plus the factory painted rear seat cowl, and an extra front seat.

I am looking for $4800. or I will trade for a farkled KLR, DR, XR, DL, KTM, Dual-sport. Comfortable standard?, Etc...

I really am gonna regret this but I want to go on an adventure ride

davethegoat is offline   Reply With Quote