View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #11931
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
dakar com

Barreda

"I knew I'd have to try something today. I knew it would be difficult, with many kilometres and hours ahead of me. It was hard to stay focused for so long. In the end, I managed to do so. I had a few scares because the trails in the last part were slippery and the tyres were quite worn out. It was tough to ride safely, but I managed to maintain a strong pace until the finish without making any mistakes. I started a minute late because my motorcycle just wouldn't start. I had to push the envelope and lost yet another minute. Then, I had to stop because of the fairing and lost another minute. All in all, two minutes. The last part was less eventful; I rode without stopping or making any mistakes, and I think the times will end up being more or less the same."

Hélder

Today was a difficult day, even though it didn't require much navigating. It was long, hard on the tyres and hard on the riders. I did a good job without risking too much, because it was dangerous. So I'm happy. The Dakar's still long, anything can happen. So I'll attack until the end to try and get closer to the podium.
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote