View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #1693
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,722
Lake Isabella, California. 2004 My first dirt riding on my Adventure. Some real good friends lead me off the beaten path and here I am 8 and a bit years later, 175,000 miles and hours of smiles. Good times. I rode on quite worn out Tourances at full pressure on hours of sand fully loaded not knowing I needed to do anything but enjoy where I was.
Thanks Nick, BIll and Paul. THat was an amazing trip. It was Paul's first steps into the BMW stupidity.
His KLR was not long for this would. He was able to ward off the GS for a few more years, but soon the KLR flew off the pages of the Fleamarket into a new owners garage, and Paul parked a shiny new 1200 GS in his.

It is not what you ride, or where you ride or how fast or far, but those you meet and remember along the way that really makes motorcycling more than just getting to work on the cheap.
I've ridden my bike less than a hundred miles in the last six months. And that accounts for one weekends worth of riding to coffee and back. The bike runs wonderfully and makes me grin ear to ear and laugh in my helmet every time I ride it. I'm on travel and when I'm home I order my life around family and the bike takes the back seat in the garage.
someday though we'll be back out there off the tarmac, and rolling along gravel and dirt roads. Setting up camp on a small patch of near level grass with a good view of the sunset, while the bike tinks and cools.
Man, I cant wait for that next ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote