View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Trapper315
Bold Adventurer

Oddometer: 6
Buell XB12X vs BMW R1150GS

I have both and have ridden both for long multi days rides across the US both two up and solo. My grandson who rode pillion across the US from NY to California and back on both, says the Buell is more comfortable. As a rider I also have to say the Buell is more comfortable and my legs do not seem to get as cramped up after hours of Interstate riding like they do when I am on the 1150GS. However, I am only 5ft 9in tall and that may be a factor. I agree with the other posts that say the Buell is more sport touring oriented than off highway adventure touring. Up until this past year it was almost impossible to get real dirt oriented tires for it. The 1150GS is a much more all around bike especially if you may be thinking about longer adventure rides. The Buell however, is easier to maintain as you do not have to worry about adjusting the valves on a regular basis like the BMW. The horse power to weight ratio as well as the ability to carry higher weights is better with the Buell XB12X or XB12XT. If I was forced to keep only one however, the Buell would go and I would keep my 1150GS.
Trapper315 is offline   Reply With Quote