View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #417
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS View Post
I'm considering replacing my Wunderlich bag also, but for different reasons. I don't find any interference when standing, but the overall size of it is just much larger than I want or need. I don't like the way it jams the bars at full turns.
I remember this being a complaint about the Wunderlich even when it first came out. For whatever reason I never had issues with it. Wunderlich even made a horn guard (eat your heart out, Touratech) to "fix" the problem. I've accidently hit the horn like twice in the last 3 years I've owned the bike, and not for lack of using my steering stops.

And don't get me wrong, it's a great bag. For "road" trips, I'd probably still use it even if I owned something else. It is only annoying in offroad situations where I can't get my weight far enough forward for balance without bending awkwardly at the waist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
This is what Motorcycle Tripper fit in the Fandango in "camera lingo" to give you a reference:
- 1 large scale SLR Camera (Cannon 30D)
- 1 pocket camera
- 1 wide angle lens
- 1 Telephoto lens (70-200 2.5 ISM)
- 1 Sony HD video camera
- 1 fleece sweater
- 1 lens cleaning kit
- 70 business cards
- 4 Spare Camera batteries
- Map
- 1 smartphone
- 2 AA batteries
That's probably more than I want to stuff in it! I think I may be sold.

Edit: and that picture is freaky because that is my exact setup (except the tank bag, obviously), just in different colors. Same jacket, too.

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote