View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #34
davek181
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
It is good to have a vision, my bike seems to evolve by happenstance mostly.

I love the stock tank shape and looks, but it is so limited in capacity I have opted for the ugly big one. I have learned to take the ugly comments in stride. They do lessen somewhat when my XL eats their XRL for lunch in performance. Luckily I don't normally ride with people that have extraordinary machines.

Does your taillight have a two filiment fixture? No problem if not, you can simulate two filiments with a resistor trick. I have used that method before

I agree with the super trapp. I have alternated back and forth in the past, but now my stock exhaust is permanently relegated to duty on the weight lifting bench where it belongs.

Racks are very handy. I wish I had the fabricating skills to cutom build one out of exotic materials. I built one with a chainsaw mount out of common iron, it worked but it was kinda ugly too. I later took the easy way out and bought one that looks better.

When I first looked at the picture, the wheels really stood out. I was wondering how you were going to accomplish that. Actually still am wondering. Looks like a lot of work with wheel lacing involved to me.

A different fairing will change the look for sure. Again fabrication skills needed.

As far as engine color goes, I am one of those crazies that really likes the red engine. ( I know, there is one in every crowd)

I have pondered pipe wrapping too, but I am lazy and it would probably elicit even more psyche damaging ugliness comments from my wife.

Keep up the work and inspire us to do something too.
davek181 is offline   Reply With Quote