View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
mfbx8ds6 OP
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 21
asking big favour from someone in Arizona (outside Phoenix)

Hey Guys

Do not know if anyone can help me.

I have been refused entry into Mexico from Guatemala as my registration has expired on my Colorado plated bike. I have been on the bike for 9 months and cover 16,000 miles from Ushuaia and encountered every single possible challenge you can imagine. Giving up so close to the finish line is not an option - please help.

My two solutions:

1) - I hitch-hike/bus across Mexico to Tuscon (or other town in Arizona) where i can title,plate and register the bike without the bike needing to be there (confirmed this morning by the MVD). Then take a bus back to Guatemala and then ride my biek to Arizona. I can only do this outside of Phoenix as an emmissions test is needed there and thus the bike must be present.

The favour: I would also need an address to be used for the titling process. Is there anyone who would be happy to let me use their address. It would only be for about a month. I am planning to cross Mexico very quickly and then sell the bike in Arizona in about a month.

2) Exactly the same process but if I can find an incredibly generous sole in Arizona who is happy to do the titling and registering process for me I can obtain a Power Of Attorney and then DHL this with all my documents to said person who will then be able to title the bike for me and then DHL the plates and paperwork back to me. I would pay for all DHL costs in advance and then paypal the costs of titling - I have just spoken with someone at MVD who thinks this would be $50 at most.

If anyone can help with either proposals please PM me.

Hope you can help


mfbx8ds6 screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 10:20 AM
mfbx8ds6 is offline   Reply With Quote