View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #15
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
I like the idea of 400cc bikes for SA, I'm thinking that is about the perfect size to be able to really venture off the beaten path in SA and still be able to get down the slab when you need to.

Did you look at trying to add the kick starters for backup? I think the DRZ or a modified Honda XR400R with electric start added of 400EX are the perfect ticket, I just really like the idea of electric start plus the back-up kicker. Just have to do some more research into gear choices...

Really like your choice of the see through safari tank on the dizzer

This looks ripe for adventure
Thanks dude. I heavily debated the DR650 against the DRZ but since I already had one that has been good to me I went with it. The only reason I considered a larger bike was for pounding the long paved sections. I just threw a kickstarter on my bike 2 days ago....haven't used it yet and hopefully I don't have to.

I love the tank. I had a Clark 3.9 and sold it for the 17L. It is much narrower and not so steep as the Clarke. Happy I did it. I almost wish I would have gone with the 28L but was afraid it would be much wider. Oh well....we both have similar ranges now.

Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote