Thread: Near Ramona
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #141
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 561
So there we were, just riding along, heading for a little place called Agua Verde, which is kind of out of the way of most things, and we came around a corner and saw this bus parked at the side of the road. The road got a little bad after this, so we could only imagine that all the happy passengers had to walk the remaining 10 miles to the beach.

We saw their campsite quite a lot later on the beach just to the right of the little hill in the middle of this picture.

When we got to the bottom of the hill there was a little village between the beach and the road. We stopped at this palapa and a little old lady came out to see who was making all the noise. I speak a little bit of spanish, and Rollergirl speaks a different little bit of spanish. Between the 3 of us we had the following conversation:
"Hello. Is this a restaurant?"
"Good afternoon. Nope.
"Is there anywhere that we can eat?"
"You can eat here. I will make you something."
"Thank you very much! Is there anybody here that sells gas?"
"Nope. But I will ask around. How many litres do you need?"
" 2 would be good. Thanks"

Then we sat down and entertained ourselves and the local kids while we waited.

This cute and happy little girl was in a wheel chair. She has a concrete pad about 15 feet by 25 feet, and then the rest of her world is sand. She had such a positive attitude and told us about her school and then helped us with a vocabulary lesson.

After our simple meal of eggs, beans and tortillas, with a glass of Coke, we paid the little old lady and Rollergirl gave Ellena a little gift.