View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #1579
Doorguy1979
Dreamridin'

Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaViking View Post
I really like the concept of a front mount carrier EXCEPT for one little thing...how do you drive at night with one? I use a versahaul behind the truck, and it has spots to mount aux lights which I connect up to the trailer harness. But these front mount rigs look like a real problem if you get caught at night, heck even during the day your turn signals are mostly blocked... Do you just drive only during the day with a rig like this?

There's a guy around me that runs a pumper truck, he carries a mini bobcat on the front of his truck, he has aux lights mounted on the carrier, WalMart and auto Zone used to sell some lights from Baja that have the DOT stamp on the glass ( I have them on the front end of my car since the old lady knocked the front end off it a few years ago, nobody makes the parts for an 86 anymore). They use the H4 halogen bulbs, so you can use the 55w stock bulb, or do what I did and put the 100w bulbs in the high beams. ( Yeah I'm the guy you don't want to flash high beams on)

08 KLR 650
82 Suzuki GS850
7? Sachs Moped Basket Case
Doorguy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote