View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanousky View Post
The only reason I considered a larger bike was for pounding the long paved sections. All the more reason for staying off the pavement imho I just threw a kickstarter on my bike 2 days ago....haven't used it yet and hopefully I don't have to. I like it if for nothing more piece of mind that I could start my bike alone if the battery was flat, good insurance and nice addition for little weight

I love the tank. I had a Clark 3.9 and sold it for the 17L. It is much narrower and not so steep as the Clarke. Happy I did it. I almost wish I would have gone with the 28L but was afraid it would be much wider. Oh well....we both have similar ranges now. I thought that was the 28L It sure is nice to be able to look down at an instance and see if you are getting really low of fuel

Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow
Looks like you two are set to have a blast with those bikes, I think it would be very tempting to sail over to Topo. instead of Matz.(cheaper and faster ferry ride too) and take a look at Copper Canyon if you haven't seen it already. Hope you have plenty of time to enjoy Latin America.