View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #73
rick3foxes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by catundaseskin View Post
Hi Rick, just sat and watched your videos back to back, they are amazing. I have always wanted to go there ever since my partner brought home a copy of , motorcycle tour and travel, home about 16 years ago. I was very intriuged by a black and white photograph of a road sign saying 240 miles to the next services. After we bought maps of the area we decided we would love to do it, unfortunately the trip never came off. Today watching your videos has rekindled that dream. When claire comes home tonight I will show her the videos and we are now in a situation where we can start and save and maybe do it at long last. Once again thank you Dave
Thanks, Dave.
I would never try to talk someone into making a trip like this if they weren't interested in the first place, but for someone who has felt that spark of adventure, the "Call of the Wild", I would say do it sooner than later.

We all have friends who say they want to go with us on our adventures until it comes down to the big decision... then there's always plenty of excuses for not going.

There are a lot more dreamers than doers.

But that's OK - the majority of people will always prefer safety and security over the unknown - that's what makes us "special".

I had started planning to do a Newfoundland trip, then a California trip, and then the Grand Finale of Alaska, all spread out over 3-4 years. But the more I thought about it, I decided that being 60 years old, I don't know how many trips I have left, and I didn't want to miss this one. I have dreamed of going to Alaska since I was a kid. What better way than motorcycle camping?

Look at it this way - the sooner you go on your dream adventure, the longer you'll have to savor the memories and share them with your friends!

IBA #34583
2003 Connie
"...I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Frost
rick3foxes is offline   Reply With Quote