View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #2220
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
I'll send you a PM with details! I'm still trying to figure out how to post photos, why is it so difficult? Apparently I have to go to another website, load the photos there...blah blah. Looks like I'll need to bring my IT staff in to help.

Look back a few pages for some help with posting photos, or here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

I was poking around the service manual last night trying to see what you could check.

Here's a couple things I found, though it's pretty in depth and it would be best for you to get a service manual to troubleshoot your stalling if it continues after your first inspection. I'm just touching the surface here.

-intake air leak or top end problem
-throttle operation and free play
-IACV operation
-Throttle position sensor could need to be reset
-restricted fuel tank breather hose
-deteriorated fuel
-faulty MAP sensor

One thing is for sure if it continues, you'll need to involve a dealer in order to check the ECU for fault codes, one of the prices we pay for having a high-tech bike.... there's just some things we can't troubleshoot without a computer hooked up to it.
There's a variety of other things that could cause the stall, or low idle. 1450RPM is what it's supposed to be idling at.

Seem like there's quite a few little service connectors a dealer would have, that people could make to help with the troubleshooting.

Go ride it some more, get a service manual and let us know how it goes.

Somewhere out there, there is a solution. I find it hard to believe dealers are clueless on this stalling thing, with all the resources and sharing of info between them. From looking around the manual though, it is very apparent there MANY things that can cause stalling and maybe there's just no one fix for everyone.

That's why it's important to have a good relationship with your dealer, or choose a good dealer to buy the bike from...

Glad our LRP is running good, a man could go crazy trying to figure this out.

Good luck.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote