View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #137
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Update Mid January

Thing have settled down to a waiting for warm weather mod for me. The now isolated stay at Pete's is not unpleasant but makes me wonder if I will ever be happy staying put again. I guess when I am actually back in Canada having settled into buying my own little piece of land in the Kootenays, am hard at work building my own little abode on it and am totally preoccupied with that I may abate the wanderlust. But for right now I do yearn for the open road again. The stop here has been threefold. To see my old friends, to wait out the nastiest part of January and to get back on budget which I had almost completely blow. The free accommodation at Peter's have been a Godsend to achieving these goals.
When Pete told me about standing outside the house and observing an incredible lightning show, pretty well selling him on why he wanted the house, I could only imagine it. Now the photos tell all.

Observing the freerangers. yep. Just grab one, throw it on a spit and we have Bar Be Que

Rio Rico sits in the valley so I have to do a bit of off roadin to get to Peter's. This is about halfway up the hill to his place.

The sunrises and sunsets still continue to amaze me

The last few days had me wondering when I would see the bottom end of the temperature drop. Yesterday morning hit the low point at 7 degrees with all the taps in the house slowing to a dribble. The ice gave way mid afternoon tho and the water flowed freely again. this morning I was blessed with 32 degrees and hopefully the upward trend in the temp that is supposed to happen, will.
Made the appointment for the 23rd in Tuscon to do the overdue service on the Big Girl and see if the failed aux lights are warranty. Then it's westward ho to the Pacific.

Toadride screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 02:22 PM
Toadride is offline   Reply With Quote