View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #3132
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Thanks to all. I did find an inexpensive Emgo generic lock at MSS. It looks like it will do the trick for under $15. I'll have to work out a mount for it but that won't be too hard.

I also found an XT350 replica lock on e-bay but t has a different PN. I queried the seller but nothing back yet

I did call my local dealer - a mere 140 miles away - and they told me that they could not get a key based on the VIN, I would need the number off the cylinder, Mine has no number. I might try the dealer in Hermosillo. Mexicans are more flexible some times.

Anyone know if the gas cap lock is normally keyed the same as the ignition on a '97? That may point me towards having a key made instead of having to replace the cap as well.
The ignition, gas cap and helmet lock are keyed the same. The ignition switch is easily removed, but the gas cap and helmet locks can be considerably less so. Having a locksmith make new keys off the ignition switch will likely work out cheapest in the long run if you have no luck ordering by VIN.
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote