Thread: Alaska 2013
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
jprism OP
Got Miles & Smiles

Oddometer: 81
Question Alaska 2013

Been to 48 states...some 4-5 times...per-pairing now to cross Alaska off my bucket list in mid June to mid July 2013. Looks like I will be riding solo as most of my riding friends either still work or are simply afraid to go that distance.

I will be traveling from Nashville, TN and riding up through KY, IL, WI, MN, ND to cross into Canada at North Portal SK. In Canada I will traverse WNW through SK, AL, BC, YT and cross into Alaska at Beaver Creek YT. I figure this will take me 8 days but really have no schedule.

In Alaska, I will visit the cities of Glennallen, Anchorage, Homer, Seward, Willow, Denali NP, Fairbanks, Tok, Valdez, Haines, Skagway over a 12-13 day period. Will try and camp when possible to save $$$ but will also look for cabin rentals when heavy rain sets in (and it will).

On the trip home, I will travel down BC highway 37 south and connect with highway 16 east over to Jasper/Banff NP or Ice-fields Parkway. Next will be to cross back into the US on highway 93 south Roosville MT and visit Glacier NP. This I figure will take me 7 days. From Glacier I am afraid it will be time to head home.

Is anyone from the Southeast or Mid West going this year. I would certainly like to hear your plans?
Tennessee Traveler #41
Double Darkside #1164
"Got Miles!"
jprism is offline   Reply With Quote