View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #54
sprouty115 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
sprouty115's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 654
Pretty much done with the disassembly. The only issue I had was one stripped screw on the tach-drive retaining plate. Unfortunately as I was trying to get it out the tip of the impact driver bit cracked into a bunch of small pieces which left me with a stripped head and a bunch of hardened tool steel embedded in it. I took my time with a carbide bit and eventually got the screw out, but I decided the next day I didn't like the look of the remaining thread. So I made up a jig and put a Helicoil in. Much better and probably even stronger.


Helicoil

The cylinders are out being done, but other than that parts are rolling in.

- Gaskets, seals, bolts, and the oil pump rebuilding kit, are all in
- The crank is on it's way back.
- I have a new rotor coming.

The only thing left to order is a clutch holding tool, fuel, oil, and oil-tank hose.

One thing i did the other night was take apart and clean and inspect the reed cages. Every thing looked dirty but OK. Then I noticed one set of reeds was slightly raised off the cage. Doesn't look normal, so I need to pull it off and flip it over to see if it's the reeds or the reed block.


Reeds
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote