View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #54
crobox OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
So as I mentioned earlier, I really love to do the creative fabrication stuff, such as the rack. Also, I can't work on my rims right now (for reasons I will mention later... not too interesting anyway) and my cylinder head is not back from being worked on yet. So I really wanted to work on the rack... but the 3/4" OD stainless tube I ordered isn't here yet either. SO I decided to mock it up using 1/2" EMT (electrical metal tubing), which has an OD of about .710". Close enough. This allowed me to fabricate (for real, from stainless) some of the complicated brackets and the turn signal mounts. As I mentioned near the beginning of the thread, I am going to go with a minimalist inverted "L" pannier bracket, sort of like what you see on some BMWs. Here is how the mockup came along today:

And here it is with an orange Pelican case that I happened to have hanging around, taped into place: (Sorry this one is slightly out of focus... not up to my usual photographic standards...)

I have a few of these orange cases which I COULD use.... but I think I want a slightly bigger size case and also I think it's too much orange...
www.christianristow.com
crobox is offline   Reply With Quote