View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
Beastly Adventurer
itsatdm's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Nor Ca.
Oddometer: 5,002
Originally Posted by petzi-baer View Post
A good place to search for a more comprenisive answer is here (search before you ask :-)):

One number that is important in CA is 7500 miles. If I recall correctly, you don't need to worry about the emssion sticker if your bike has more miles than that. But you still need to go to CHP for approval. They are going to check the lights etc. Once the bike gets the seal of approvad from the CHP, you should be able to get the permission from the DMV or so ...

That;s it in a nutshell. But there are always details. BTW I was looking into that process for some time, but I haven't done it myself.

I understand this is an out of country purchase not an out of state purchase. It will not have any emission sticker, Ca. or Federal, so the 7,500 mile exception probably won't apply.

This may help:
BMW Motorrad USA customer service: "We make superior motorcycles and continue to improve them."

itsatdm screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 06:09 PM
itsatdm is online now   Reply With Quote