View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #48
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
.... The sharp corners/edges on the top bothers me. I don't think they flow good with the other bike lines, and I would like to bring it up a few more inches. I know not to fool too much with a bikes airbox, but I cannot imagine that that looooooong small....then big...... then small again snout is good for the intake. I have messed with several scooters, and their air boxes/intakes, and they all benefited from a shortened intake, as long as you did not mess too much with the box itself. As air is sucked in, every inch of wall of the inside of the snorkel creates drag, and while some drag/resistance/back pressure can be beneficial on the exhaust part..... Intake..... Not so much. Step one is after tax $$ comes back... Remus or arrow headers...DJ pc-5 with auto tune...A trip to Denver, CO to work with my trusted bike tuner, then a few runs with the airbox cover off, to see if there is any measurable difference. If there is.... step two, is to design two new snorkels. I bet there is a difference.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote