Thread: Which shocks?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
hoss18
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Ive got Hyperpro on my R1100GS and Ive had the standard Ohlins on my R100GS. I cant help re the new Ohlins version. My impression is that the hyperpro is like a robust? version of a medium - good quality shock. Its almost like they took the design of a good older version shock and upgraded the components to make it a little bit stronger?? (just my impression). It works well on the R11 and Ive never regretted it on the gravel tracks around Perth. Ive only put ~5000ks on it but it has handled everything I have done on it so far. The Ohlins is a different? animal It is far more sophisticated? /modern design (compression/rebound/preload etc and has separate gas/oil chambers) it also cost nearly 50% more. It does everything well and its one of those things where once you have found the right setting you tend to forget its there and just ride - but for the average rider (like me) in most circumstances I think its overkill . Its like a lot of things in life the first 80-90% of improvement comes relatively easy the next 10% to 20% gets really expensive.