View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #198
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost on Row 1 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation Spud. Reading your thread (looking at pics) I didn't see how you attached or secured the solenoid and fuse box. Could you get me up to speed on that one? Looks like you have had some great rides on that thing, great pics.
If you wish, you can attach the starter relay to the top of the air box with some velcro. However, the wires are stiff enough that I didn't need to attach the starter relay to anything. I merely routed the wire for the fuse box through an unused wire loop. I probably should secure the fuse box in place with a zip tie, but I haven't had any problems with this setup after riding 30,000 miles.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote