View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #52
Nata Harli
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTbeemer View Post
Ken et al,

A little while back I posted this link that exactly lays out how to transit overland between BK and PnP. Scroll down to see the on the ground experience of other travelers. I would prefer to start on the train but by your posting it seems that the earlier arrival advantage of the bus would win out. The bus leaves you with much more daylight travel options. I take it that the direct bus did not pan out?

http://forum.rideforcambodia.com/index.php

I'm here in Boston now waiting to take the AM flight out. Luckily it seems that I am scheduled on a United 777 so no grounded Dreamliner for me, phew! Unless they they decide to reassign my plane to the affected routes .

See you guys I'm a bit...
Dan,

It looks like I'm out for the R4C. It's been a day long saga trying to figure out how to get to PP. After the bus/train idea went down the tubes I decided to bit the bullet and try and get a flight out. 6 hours later, with nothing but clusterfucks with both Bangkok Air and Air Asia I've seen the writing on the wall and am going to head to Chiang Mai. My budget was pretty well busted before I even left the states and I just can't make it work trying to get to PP in time to leave on Monday. You know how those last minute flights are.

I'm going to send the phone along with the group I'm here with in BK. They're flying out tomorrow. If you're not going to be able to come to Chiang Mai after R4C with them we'll just make arrangements for you to mail it back to me when you get back.

Hope to see you in Chiang Mai.

Ken

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is offline   Reply With Quote