View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #154
nevermind
sLOW Rider

Oddometer: 2,835
I've had a Rekluse on 3 bikes so far. VERY nice addition to an off-road machine. It really takes clutching off your to-do list. The ability to start off on all surfaces with the exact clutch application needed is priceless. I've tractored my way out of some mud and couldn't believe how easy it was on a 990.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heos racer View Post
But on the tracks between, mostly on roads, it needs a lot concentration to ride a Rekluse-bike. It needs often to be shiftet. Par example, You go into a sharp corner with 3 Gear in it. No problem without Rekluse, my F 800 GS has enough torque to manage it. With Rekluse, the clutch disengage and You miss motor brake. So You have to shift more often to be not surprised. On the other way, accelerating out of a curve, You must do it equally in correct gear to provide excessively clutch wear out.
Greetings from Germany Thomas
My racing instructors (Kevin Schwantz, Ed Bargey and others) told me to never rely on engine braking when entering a turn. Use the brakes to set your corner speed. Experience bears this out when I've missed down-shifts. Talk about pucker factor!!! Also, I agree you must have the right gear selected as you pick up the throttle on corner exits on any bike for maximum drive and good clutch life.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote