View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #139
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
You are quite welcome CS.
As the Big Girl is now maintaining as fairly constant good ride (knock on wood) I am becoming more and more convinced that a lot of my problems from the very beginning( bad running wise) were from the leaking exhaust. I check for leaks daily now and the new and properly installed gaskets seem to be holding their own. As the Y pipe gaskets are situated within inches of the O2 sensors I strongly feel that any leakage here may send the ecu into 'Emaaargancy, emaaargency, all da peeples to da boats!' mode. (referencing the great flick, The Russians are Coming)
And, with all the crap that this Gal seems to have been born with, I still love her. Doing what I am doing there is probably not a better, more comfortable and greater sounding bike on the road. Being somewhat anal, I have already decided that I will most likely trade her in when I get back for a new one to keep for, as you describe, occasional riding and tripping. But, this time dealers beware. You will be having one extremely scrutinizing SOB coming your way. Gotta say, now I know what to look for.