View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #25
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku View Post
Good replies to all - -

I got all the aftermarket stuff off aside from the $170 seat and scuffed up crash bars. Can't really turn it in without the seat anyway and I can get my value back on it. The bike actually took most of the damage up in the fairing area. I see no scratches on the forks. I guess my main concern is where to find the plastic parts out there in online space etc. There are no leaks of gas - the radiator is 100% fine from what I can tell. Since it hit mostly "soft tissue" and not a light pole (OUCH) perhaps it will be worth taking it back. There was not a drip of fluid on the pavement after she slid down the road.

I guess now I wait and see - - and continue to enjoy all this great feedback. BTW the only damage from the slide was on the right crash bar and right luggage rack. Those things are worth every penny. Footpegs didn't even scuff.

So it doesn't leak anything? If the wheels are still round and the forks function then you're out a nav tower and shrouds.

Keep the thing.

Or better yet: I'll give you $1000 cash money. Yes...sell it to me instead.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote