View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #36
Geografo
Lost Armadillo in Heat

Oddometer: 151
Not Ugly, just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan0708 View Post
Haha. I don't think GSs are ugly. They just doesn't follow the trend and that is one of the biggest reason I like GS.
Same goes to ducati monsters(not the current one.), vespas and bonnevilles.
+1 I thought they were weird-looking when I looked at them way before I bought them (I wanted a Buell Ulysses back then, since it had the same powerplant my Harley did), and thought I would never get one, due to the high entry price and those two big things sticking out on either side. Then I bought a low-mileage used one, put engine guards on it, and now it just looks bad ass and utilitarian, kind of like the old Land Rovers with the brush guards and other farkles back-country drivers put on them to keep them reasonably dent-free.

As for sewing-machine sound. There is that, but I kind of like the quieter sound compared to the Harley, and there is a bit of a muted growl when you get on the gas. The newer ones with the exhaust cutout sound pretty cool when the rider guns it, at least in the video that was put out to promote the 2010 model.

To each his own...I like the way the Triumph triples and Ducatis sound, too.

Current Rides: 2007 R1200 GS

Past Rides:

1972 Yamaha 60 Mini-Enduro
1971 Yamaha 125 Enduro
1974 Suzuki GT 750 "Water Buffalo"--like a true water buffalo, big and heavy, but deceptively fast
2006 Harley-Davidson XL 883 (traded-in on Corolla...)
Geografo is offline   Reply With Quote