View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #459
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Lyndon's Stage 12 call

It was clear from the timing sheets that something dramatic had happened to Lyndon in the first sector of today's stage, but no one in cyberspace could have imagined how close his rally came to being over. Lesser men would not have been able to repair the damage and bring it home (on pace, no less, once he got going again). We didn't have an interview planned, but I was able to catch Lyndon on his call in and have a chat -- glad I did! Go "Inside the Helmet" as Lyndon talks about what was going through his mind both out on the piste, and at the end of the stage. Brilliant stuff.

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/13D16.mp3

---------------------------

Public Radio fundraising notice: (Thanks to those who have already chipped in! We're about 3/4 to our goal.)

Last year, through the generosity of the listeners, we were able to cover the cost of Neduro's phone bill for the communication costs to RallyRAIDio and ADVRider throughout the Dakar. If you've enjoyed Lyndon's call ins and interviews on this edition, consider chipping in a few $$, , or toward the cause. Many hands make light work, and based on our experience with Ned last year, the tab will run handily into 4-digit territory (sans decimals). It would be wonderful if we could take this burden off of Lyndon's shoulders.

For those so inclined,

RallyRAIDio @ g mail . com (no spaces) is the RallyRAIDio email addy to which paypal can be sent.

Thanks for your support.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA