I finished painting the sub-frame tonight. Looking at the frame again I do see where an additional gusset might be a benefit. I think a piece of 1/8" flat bar cut to shape and welded in would be good and it would sort of match what the factory did on the left side.
That all being said, I'm not sure its worth it right now to sand it back down cut the metal and have it welded into place... I don't really know if will block something that has to go back into that area. It will be easier to do it next winter when I rip everything apart again to do maintenance.
I cleaned everything up and got the all bearings into the swing arm, now I'm waiting for the new chain guard and chain guide to arrive. I cleaned off the swing arm, Then I lightly polished everything up with a wire wheel.
fresh new bearings
all greased up with everything in place
I zip tied everything so it stays together until I'm ready to install.
My wife looked at my hands tonight and said "you need a manicure", I said "what are you talking about, I have a "MAN-icure". There's no amount of scrubbing that seems to get all the gunk off my hands, I can never seem to keep my gloves on. Anyway, that's it for tonight.