View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #202
MasterMarine OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Thanks for reading the report. There is some beautiful country down there!

Hinkey Pass is definitely cool. That, climbing Beatys Butte, and the area around Jarbidge are some of my coolest memories of the 2012 trip.

I sent a message to the TAT guy before we left but he never got back to me. I think we might have been on it the first day from Denio Junction to at least where we passed that cabin. I imagine some of that 2023 road would be a handful on a bigger bike. Some of the group was a bit worried about the loose rocky grade when we were on our way back to DJ. It turned out to be no big deal even tho we were all spent and hauling butt straight into the sun. We were trying to crest that last range before the sun set after having to get creative with the route because of some fences across the road (twice).

We might have been on or close to the TAT further all the way to the Zimmerman Ranch too. The woman at Zimmerman Ranch told me there were often bikes that came past her ranch headed westbound but that we were the first she had ever seen going eastbound. There was a guy who showed up at Denio Junction who was riding the TAT when we were there in 2011. I think Denio Junction is a fuel spot on the TAT. I have never seen the actual route so don't know.
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote