View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #504
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,518
Saltillo Bypass - Route Recon

I'm looking at a Saltillo bypass route on my Guia Roji and would like to know if anybody has been on this route.

Please look at map 21 in your Roji. Here is the route as per map recon:

1. Grid B2, NE corner. Locate where MEX57 meets with the secondary road veering to the southwest. Get on the secondary.
2. Then to the rail stop of Estacion Sauceda, then to the smaller Ramos Arzipe (as opposed to the larger one next to Saltillo), then to the intersection of MEX40.
3. Southeast on MEX40 to San Antonio and then to La Rosa.
4. Southwest at La Rosa on the secondary to General Cepeda.
5. Coming out of General Cepeda are two secondaries heading east. Take the eastward secondary that is furthest south. This takes you through El Rancho Nuevo, El Derramadero, San Juan del la Vaqueria and then puts you at a fork of MEX54 and MEX57 south of Saltillo (an important intersection).

I'd like to know if any of you have taken this bypass and the condition of the roads. A google flyovers indicates pretty isolated on the stretch along Estacion Sauceda. I'll be on the baby Nighthawk 250 with d/p tires.

I've been through Saltillo several times and would like to try a different route, hence the recon questions.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote