View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #154
KraigD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
I am sure the S10 feels faster but it is not, 0 to 100 they wil be very close, And who cares with a bike like this. BMW is way more comfortable for me and thats what matters, I like having the bigger tank, Traction controll nice but not needed, ABS brakes on GSA are perfect in everyway, and the one thing the 1150 needs is Ohlins front and rear and I have that. As I said the BMW is more likely to have an issue, but that is something one has to deal with, I cant fight the feeling of the GSA under my ass. It is just perfect. PS anytime you are in Tn and want to ride the dragon hwy 129 I will show the way for the first few corners and then you will need to find your own way. I should be done with lunch when you get to the top. If I dont have a problem. Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Going to a GSA. Had an 08 GS1200 for 4 years. Nice bike. Tried an 08 and a 2010 GSA and was very diappointed. Banana boat city. Sluggish comes to mind compared to the standard GS and also to my S10 with clutch switch mod. The S10 was better in every way if you're half ass aggresive. Going to an older, slower GSA just doesn't compute. The S10 is the king of grunt with better off road manners and just as comfortable on road with a windshield swap. Then there is the superior ABS and TC. And not worth mentioning- Reliability! IMHO.
KraigD is offline   Reply With Quote