View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
06EXTN OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
The "I'm turning 30 and don't want to" trip...

From my meager understanding of time/space continuum...if you're on your motorcycle all day on your 30th birthday, it acts as a temporal shield and it never happens. Right?

So I'm planning a ride the week of my birthday this year, which is April 12th. It's a Friday which is perfect. I plan to work Monday of that week, then head west toward Colorado. The end goal is to be at the summit of Pikes Peak around mid-day Friday. Then, head back east and into my cubicle Tuesday morning. Google says 1,344 Miles, 20 hours 22 minutes. (400 miles/day roughly...youch)

From watching Rally I've always wanted to ride this road and see the sights. I've never been to CO also, which helps.

Perhaps West isn't the best route to go in April however. What say ye, ironbutts? The only other places that interests me would be Key West...I have a friend I haven't seen in forever who lives there and it would be well.....warmer. :)

Here's the basic route plan:

Suggestions & input welcome...I'd also love to have some comrades along the way if you're up for it.

~Matt
06EXTN is offline   Reply With Quote