View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,086
The Birthday:

So you have a job, a motorcycle, and you're turning 30? Sounds like its just getting good to me.

You're only as old as you feel. That may sound like a cliche, but it is true. At 40, I still jump my BMX bike off curbs in my mother-in-law's neighborhood (I keep my 24" Haro there for entertainment when we visit her town).
30-40 has been my best decade yet, but I'm hoping to top it with the next one.

The Trip:
Sounds like a good trip. The doughnuts at the top of PP are overrated, and not worth waiting in line.

Very near PP there are some cool things to see. Garden of the Gods is a rock climbers mecca. My wife and I went on a Segway tour there, where we watched a guy doing stunts on a pair of these:

Manitou Springs is right there too. We stayed in a cheap motel, and our balcony overlooked a babbling brook. It has some good places to eat, and a bunch of natural springs along the sidewalk you can drink from. Because of the jumbled geology, each one tastes very different. Very interesting.

About 75 to 100 miles north of PP is Rocky Mountain National Park. I'm not sure what the weather will be like, but if you start in the neat little town of Estes Park, and head west on Hwy 34, it takes you through a really cool twisty canyon and over a 14,000 ft pass. The views are amazing.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote