View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
Sylvan Rocks Climbin
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Daryls Day 6

Ya. Stover kinda glossed over the slowness of our start that day. Yes it was understood that we had to hit the motorcycle shop just up the road. So we packed up and cooked breakfast waiting for it to open. I think Shep probably baked muffins again....that little Backcountry oven is a pretty rad thing for a friend to bring along on a trip.

It was a great stop at the Steamboat motorbike shop, and we chatted it up with their staff who were a bunch of good blokes.. Stovers busted small part off the ratchet system of his visor was good timing if it had to happen. I understand how he did not want to risk riding the rest of the way without the right stuff. I like the sexy new FLY helmet….in white???? Why he chose that over my favorite color…the green HI-ViZ…I’ll never understand. But they shipped his old helmet home, and we all got to oolgle over new bikes and gear. After seeing the price, Shep decided his life could be lived without a GoPro cam, I decided I could survive without the used KTM 990 they had on the floor.

Stover also continued his unending quest for the MUCH coveted collapsible “fair share” mug. Thus, coffee and shopping for bobbles we did not need or have room to pack in our saddle bags…yielded another late start. Warm weather and city life can lead to lazy dayz for sure.

IMG_5783 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Seat top lunch was great, but the oyster burps were intense.

IMG_5666 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

The views continued to be beyond words

IMG_5674 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Everyone should be so lucky to have a day like this of riding.

IMG_5662 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Shep directed me up a wrong turn where I was gunna go film the rad boyz riding up the steep hill, so off I went and well, there is a certain amount of luck involved in bouncing off the rocks in a controllable manor up a hilly trail, and if the grade steepness lightning fast reactions don't align after you come around the corner...you only go so far until... gravity wins.

IMG_5680 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

I had not dumped on the tour for 2 years running...so I was due, and came out with only a flesh wound. More character to add to a prior injury that was again cracked open...might have to buy a new panel for 2013...anyone have one for sale??? Right hand side.

And what a great pic of the tool tube Mod. Stover...do you have yours completed yet????

IMG_5683 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

My hat off to Shep and Stover for getting up the hill and around me as the bike laid there.

IMG_5694 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Water for the night. A 2 man job that was fun to watch.

IMG_5695 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Up the road a few more hours...the camp spot was top notch....even if you had to change a flat.

IMG_5699 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Look how well that tents color compliments the landscape colors....sure does not blend in very well though. I bet everyone of the 3 people who drove past that tent saw it there.

IMG_5705 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Sheps center stand saved me a lot of work helping him steady that bike for the tube patch.

IMG_5700 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr

Loving the Pizza and breakfast muffins

IMG_5704 by Black Hills South Dakota, on Flickr