There was a box with orange tape on it sitting by my front door when I got home today:
I wasn't expecting this stuff so quick so I'm not really ready for most of it yet.
I started working on the "cush" part of the hub. I had mention earlier on I thought the cush bearing was a bit rough feeling and I didn't like the look of the dust cover. I needed to take the old sprocket off too.
I'm not sure how that dust cover got like this but, I ordered a new one.
I popped the the seals off and flushed the bearing out with break cleaner and blew it out with the compressor. I checked how freely it spun, and it felt great after that. I repacked it with grease and put it back into the carrier.
I started cleaning up the rear hub and double checked the bearings. The previous owner said he had recently installed new wheel bearings and they seemed to feel like it. I'll let the cush voids soak with break cleaner over night, they're really gummed up.
I couldn't go much further with that, so I moved on to the rear breaks. I didn't realize the rear caliper was in such bad shape until I started taking it apart. All of the posts and sliders are a bit nasty looking, I'll try to clean them up first or I'll have to look into new parts or a used caliper.
You can see what the malfunctioning caliper has done to the pads, I have a new set on the right: