View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #176
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Don't despair ... because (as I'm sure you know) several other companies are now making shocks for the KLR. I think Ohlins might have something with their latest generation of low cost shocks.

Also ... I'd bet there are one or two shock guys who can rebuild your stock KYB and make it magical. Not sure, but Cogent Dynamics does a number on the DR650 KYB unit and turns it into a Rolls Royce. Not cheap ... but cheaper than an aftermarket shock. Perhaps Cogent can do the KLR shock as well .. if they don't already?
My shock already has a modified 2 stage valve stack from Sasquatch suspension.

Yes, Cogent offers a Moab shock for the Klr, I had one on my 2003.

If I ever spend the money on a high dollar shock, I would have Penske build it for me.

I had them on my GSA and they are impressive and you get a full service and parts manual with it, and are advertised as owner rebuildable.
You can call them up and order parts or ask them tech questions and they are glad to help you.

The powersport shock division of Penske is called Custom Axis.

They will build what ever you want for anything.You can even print off a order form from there website and fill in all the dimensions.

My buddy still has his on his GSA, and he has about 60,000 miles on his Penske shocks.We have gone 25,000 miles on the fluid and it was like new when we changed it.

Also, Penske offers a Quad Ring seal for the shaft seal if you want it instead of the normal O-Ring.We went to them because they last much longer before leaking.

We also put these Fox reservoirs on his Penske shocks front and rear on his GSA and he really likes them
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 12-08-2013 at 03:43 PM
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote