Thread: anakee 3s
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #56
aGremlin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Blow me down with a feather... somehow 2-3 sets of the new A3 slipped into the country (we never get tyres this soon after release). Anyway, I have a set, but it's 3rd in my queue of tyres (worn A2 just went on, then K60 for a trip, then I'll put the A3 on).

Interesting difference between A2 and A3. The A2 grooves widen as they arc to the outside of the tyre, the A3 is more consistent, but the grooves are much more shallow towards the edge instead. Some treadlines never reach the edge. The silica will no doubt improve road performance (especially in wet weather), but there is certainly a lack of grooves towards the edge. Debatable if you'd lean that far in the wet, but you'd also think it's gonna be real nice in the dry

I'll guess we'll see how it bites in the gravel... the centre of the rear has a lot of the grooves meeting each other, so it should actually be quite good!